For comparison I bought my HS25EXR camera for 14,500.00 pesos, not at Kimstore but at SM. The HS30EXR, a more advanced model, is selling lower for 13,200 pesos at Kimstoreb .Here is the link: Kim store
Friday, September 13, 2013
Tuesday, September 10, 2013
Last Sunday I visited SM lower groound floor with my older brother and we were happy to find fresh camera models from Fujifilm. The HS50EXR was there, even the X-Pro 1 and other rangefinder looking professional cameras. The HS30EXR was not available however.
The salesclerk allowed us to handle the display camera which is the most important advantage of a physical camera store. We were impressed by the superfast focusing, the capability of storing in RAW format, the side tilt swing screen, the electronic level gauge (not essential), and the overall build and ergonomics of the camera. It felt lighter than my HS25EXR as the new superzoom uses lithium batteries.
The price of the HS50EXR was P27,000.00 in installments. However when I mentioned that Kimstore is selling the camera at around P20,000.00 the salesclerk said he can offer the camera at a discount of P24,500 if bought in cash.
Note that the price of the Canon SX50 HS superzoom which has a 50x zoom lens is currently P25,000.00 at Canon dealers. Contrast this with the foreign prices of the superzooms from Canon and Fujifilm.
I have decided to wait for Xmas for the prices to go down. Until a real camera store will sell the HS50EXR camera below P20,000 something, it will remain a dream camera for me.
- A non-biased review: digitalvesus.com
- a review pitting the hs50exr vs canon sx50hs camera declares the canon model the winner! but read the article first and better yet try out the cameras!
snapsort.com comparison: hs50exr vs SX50HS camera
- Thread discussions: Forum on hs50exr vs sx50hs
- Official Fujifilm.com.ph product page: fujifilm.com.ph product page
Tuesday, August 13, 2013
Wednesday, July 31, 2013
- Turn on your camera, and set it to shooting mode, not the stored photos viewing mode
- Press the big Menu Ok button You will be presented with the shooting mode menu.
- Press the left(macro or flower symbol) then the down navigation (timer symbol) to access the SET-UP MENU.
- Press the right navigation(flash symbol) then the MENU OK. You will be presented with the date/time settings menu/date format.
- Press the right or left navigation button to set the individual fields of the date. Here is a photo for the
- After setting the date/time fields, pres the OK to set it, otherwise press the DISP/BACK to cancel it.
- Go back to the SET-UP menu by pressing the left navigation key repeatedly until you see the SET-UP menu. Press the DISP/BACK button to EXIT setup.
Saturday, July 6, 2013
Saturday, April 6, 2013
Your card may require a reformat. Once you are sure that the contents have been saved or can sbe erased forever, place it back in the camera, turn on the camera and format it.
Press Menu Ok/SET-UP/FORMAT then select OK. Your SD card is now good as new(empty and ready to store photos).
If however you cannot format the SD card using your camera, then turn off again the camera, take out the SD card then format in a Windows machine.
What? You have a Linux computer instead? For this later case, use the powerful command gparted. This tool should be installed but use extreme care when using this tool. For it is possible to format your hard disk or the storage device with your operating system.You must select the proper device, knowing the memory capacity can help! Next, you may have to create a partition, then afterwards, you can format it with Windows FAT 32 for large capacity SD cards.
After successfully doing this, reinsert card in your camera and attempt to format it again. You should be able to do this, otherwise it is time to say goodbye to the card! Replace it with a new one for this unfortunate case.
Tuesday, February 26, 2013
Friday, February 22, 2013
To copy the files in the internal memory to the SD card, Toggle the display > button to non-shooting mode. Press MENU/OK|PLAYBACK menu|COPY . Then select INTERNAL MEMORY TO SD CARD|ALL FRAMES. Then press again MENU-OK button. It will ask COPY OK? press OK button again, and the camera will now copy the contents of the internal memory to the SD card.
You need to format the internal memory so it can store new photos but first you need to take out the external SD card! The format command is accessed via MENU/OK|SET-UP|FORMAT command.
Thursday, February 21, 2013
Monday, February 11, 2013
- ISO, sensor speed (sensitivity) setting, the higher the value, the more sensitive to light(faster response) but the more grainier(noisy)
- AE, Photometry (metering) [MULTI, SPOT, AVERAGE]
- AF, Focusing modes, [CENTER, MULTI, TRACKING]
- AF C-S-M, AF-Continuous, AF-single, AF-MF (manual focusing)
- WB, White balance [AUTO, CUSTOM, FINE(bright sun), SHADE, FLURORESCENT LIGHTS (1,2,3), iNCANDESCENT]
|C||custom mode||user setting|
|M||manual mode||user sets shutter and aperture independently|
|A||aperture priority||user set aperture, camera selects shutter speed automatically.|
|S||shutter priority||user set speed, camera selects the aperture automatically.|
|P||program mode||camera selects "best" programmed combination of shutter aperture|
|EXR D||range priority||HR: Resolution priority (capture details); SN: high ISO and low noise; D-range:camera tries to capture details in bright scenes, avoids washouts|
|Auto||camera selects best scene mode and shutter-aperture settings|
|Adv||professional portraits, low light, multiple exposure and 3D shooting|
|SP1 and SP2||special preselected scene settings.|
|Panorama||panoramic shots offering 120, 180, 360 angular view degrees horizontal/vertical direction|
- natural light with flash, two separate shots, one without and the other with flash
- natural light, without flash
- smoothed skin
- landscape or scenic shots
- sport, moving objects
- night, using high ISO setting to reduce camera shake
- night with tripod, allows slow shutter speed at night
- fireworks, vivid shots of fireworks
- sunset, adds vivid colors to sunsets
- snow, snowy scenes
- beach, beach photos
- party, indoor shots
- flower, vivid shots of flowers
- text, shots of letterings.
- ISO [100,200, 400,800, 1600, 32006,6400, 12800, AUTO(400),..., AUTO(3200)]
- IMAGE SIZE
User can select various combinations of aspect ratio and photo sizes.
L 4:3 4850 L 3:2 5456 L 16:9 6445 M 4:3 7682 M 3:2 8574 M 6:9 10109 S 4:3 15006 S 3:2 16848 S 16:9 27439
- IMAGE QUALITY [FINE, NORMAL]
- DYNAMIC RANGE [AUTO, DR100 100%, DE200 200%, DR400 200%]
- FILM SIMULATION [PROVIA STD. VELVIA/VIVID,ASTIA/SOFT,B&W, SEPIA]
- WB SHIFT Allows user to adjust the white balance, controlling the RED-CYAN AND BLUE-YELLOW response.
- COLOR [HI, MID, LOW]
- TONE [HARD, STANDARD, SOFT]
- SHARPNESS [HARD, STANDARD, SOFT]
- NOISE REDUCTION [STANDARD,LOW, HIGH]
- INTELLIGENT SHARPNESS [OFF, ON]
- INTELLIGENT DIGITAL ZOOM [2.0x, 1.4x, OFF]
- ADVANCED ANITBLUR [OFF,ON]
- FACE DETECTION [OFF,ON]
- FACE RECOGNITION If set to ON, allows uset to register, view and edit, erase and toggle the auto registration.
- MOVIE MODE
Full HD 1920 30fps HD 1270 30fps 640 30fps HS640 640x480 80fps HS 320x240 160fps HS 320x112 320fps
- STILL SHOOTING IN MOVIE [MOVIE PRIORITY, STILL IMAGE PRIORITY]
- AE BKT EV STEPS [1, 2/3, 1/3]
- EXTERNAL FLASH [OFF, ON]
- CUSTOM SET [OK, CANCEL]
- TIME DIFFERENCE [HOME, LOCAL]
- LANG [ENGLISH,FRANCAIS, DETUSCH, ESPANOL, PROTUGUES, ITALIANO,NEDERLANDS, ETC ...]
- SILENT MODE [ON,OFF]
- IMAGE DISP [3 SEC, 1.5SEC, ZOOM(CONTINUOUS)]
- FRAME NO. [CONT, RENEW]
- OPERATION VOL.
- SHUTTER VOLUME
- SHUTTER SOUND [SOUND1, SOUND2]
- PLAYBACK VOLUME
- LCD BRIGHTNESS [OFF,ON]
- MONITOR SUNLIGHT MODE [OFF,ON]
- EVF/LCD MODE [30fps, 50fps]
- AUTO POWER OFF [5 MIN, 2 MIN, OFF]
- QUICK START MODE [OFF, 24 MIN, 10 MIN]
- Fn BUTTON [INTELLIGENT DIGITAL ZOOM, MOVIE MODE]
- IS MODE
- RED EYE REMOVAL
- AE/AF ILLUMINATOR
- AE/AF-LOCK MODE [AE LOCK ONLY,AF LOCK ONLY AE/AF LOCK
- AE/AF-LOCK BUTTON
- FOCUS CHECK [ON, OFF]
- SAVE ORG IMAGE
- AUTOROTATE PB [OM, OFF]
- BACKGROUND COLOR
- GUIDANCE DISPLAY [ON, OFF]
- VIDEO SYSTEM [PAL, NTSC]
- CUSTOM RESET
- BATTTERY TYPE [LITHIUM, ALKALINE, NI-MH]
- DATE STAMP [ON, OFF]
|Eneloop Lite||HRUQ||typ 1000mAh, Min 950 mAh|
|Eneloop||HR-3UTG||typ 2000mAh, Min 1900 mAh|
|XX High Capacity Eneloop for professional use||HR 3UWXB||Min 2450mAh||P760|
Sunday, February 10, 2013
- What is the firmware version of your camera? You can check the firmware version of your HS25EXR camera by turning it off first, if it is ON. Then simultaneously press the DISP/BACK button while turning on the camera. This resulted in the following screen image: fujifilm firmware site. According to the instructions, you must have a clean formatted SD card.
- Download the newest firmware file, (you have to click first to agree to the EULA). Fujifilm hs25exr firmware update file. The 1.04 firmware file is 25.9 Mbytes!
- Copy the file to the formatted SD card.
- Turn off camera and insert the SD card with the update file.
- Turn on camera while pressing the DISP/BACK button. You will be presented with the screen shown above. Select Ok to start updating.
- After a few seconds( 90 secs), The camera will ask if the firmware upgrade is OK. Select Ok and press MENU/Ok central button!
Saturday, February 9, 2013
Thursday, January 24, 2013
Sunday, January 13, 2013
Friday, January 11, 2013
|Fujinon 30x optical zoom lens||
|Image stabilisation||CMOS sensor shift type|
|Electronic viewfinder||0.2-inch., approx. 200,000 dots, color LCD viewfinder approx. 100% coverage|
|LCD monitor||3.0-inch, approx. 460,000 dots, TFT color LCD monitor, approx. 100% coverage|
|Movie recording||1920 x 1080 pixels / 1280 x 720 pixels / 640 x 480 pixels (30 frames/sec.) with stereo sound, Optical zoom function (manual) can be used.|
|Photography functions||EXR mode, High Speed Movie (80 / 160 / 320 frames/sec), Face Detection, Auto red-eye removal, Face recognition, Advanced mode (Pro focus, Pro low light, Multiple exposure, Individual shutter 3D), Motion Panorama360, Film simulation, Histogram display, Framing guideline, Frame No. memory, Best frame capture, Advanced Anti Blur, Date stamp|
|Playback functions||Face Detection, Auto red-eye removal, Multi-frame playback (with micro thumbnail), Protect, Crop, Resize, Slide show, Image rotate, voice memo, histogram display, exposure warning, Photobook assist, image search, Favorites, Mark for upload, Panorama, Erase selected frames|
|Other functions||PictBridge, Exif Print, 35 Languages, Time difference, Silent mode|
|Terminal ports||Video output:|
|Power supply||4x AA batteries (included)|
|Dimensions||130.6(W) x 96.6(H) x 126.0(D) mm / 5.1(W) x 3.8(H) x 4.9(D) in.|
|Weight||Approx. 687g / 24.2oz. (including battery and memory card), Approx. 637g / 22.4oz. (excluding battery and memory card)|
|Accessories with camera||4x AA batteries, Shoulder strap USB cable, A/V cable, Lens cap and Lens cap cor, CD-ROM Owner's manual|
- Turn on the camera
- Press the DISP/BACK button
- Select best framing from [ON, OFF, Best framing, HD FRAMING, HISTOGRAM]
- 30x zoom for travel and nature photography (birds, landscapes)
- Much cheaper, less than 15,000 pesos than a 50X zoom camera by Canon at <= 26,000 pesos!
- Much smaller than the Nikon dslr
- Manual controls with S,A, M settings
- convenient 360 degree panoramic mode
- tiltable lcd viewing screen
- electronic view finder
- flash shoe!