This is subject to frequent modifications!
- Where can I find a pdf uses manual for downloading? I found this link http://www.fixya.com/support/t13155560-user_manual_hs25exr_required, but there is no specific HS25EXR manual. Instead I made do with http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/manuals/#s. The manual I chose was http://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/manuals/pdf/index/s/finepix_hs20exr_manual_01.pdf. Unfortunate but there is a manual for a higher end model HS30EXR!
- How do I format an SD card? Be sure to turn off camera whenever removing or inserting memory cards. Turn on camera. Press Menu OK center button. You will be presented with the following screen:
- How do I know the actual settings used by the camera from the photo in the SD card?
Set the camera to photo viewing mode. Press the DISP/BACK button and select DETAIL INFORMATION from the following choices [ i-INFORMATION ON, OFF-INFORMATION OFF, FAVORITES, DETAIL INFORMATION]. The following are displayed:
DR range,IMAGE Size,ISO,SPEED APERTURE,FILM SIMULATION, FLASH,WB,EV Adj,DATE TIME.
Addition information may be read by pressing the Info/AF button at the left side of the camera. This displays
D-RANGE, COLOR, TONE, SHARPNESS, FILM SIM., WHITE BALANCE, SPEED APERTURE, METERING
EXPOSURE MODE, LENS, FOCAL LENGTH, FLASH MODE
- How do I turn the date stamp feature On or Off?
I often forget where to find the date stamp toggle. It can be found under the PLAYBACK MENU/SAVE DATA SET-UP/DATE STAMP. You will be presented with three choices:
- DATE & TIME
- DATE & TIME
- How do I turn off the flash, focus autofocus lamp together in shooting mode?
In shooting mode, select SILENT MODE (using first gear 1 option),Set to OFF. If you want to turn them back again, select ON.
- What is that center button on the left side of the camera MCS focusing mode selector?
It is the focus assist button.
In Single Shot Focusing mode and AF mode set to Area mode setting, you can select the area in the scen to focus by pressing the navigation keys ring buttons. Press the DISP/BACK button to reset the focus area to the center of the scene.
In Manual Focusing mode, pressing the center button quickly will toggle the magnification of the screen. Pressing it longer will toggle the Standard and Focus Peaking Highlith modes.
The button has no defined funtion in CONTINUOUS FOCUSING MODE.
- How do I turn on/off the horizon line or ELECTRONIC LEVEL indicator?
You can find the setting under the camera icon 4. Press the MENU/OK center button and select ON or OFF as desired.