Monday, November 30, 2015

A new T-10 to complement our superzoom camera!


I often shoot with the 42x HS50EXR camera. One can shoot all day with extra batteries with this camera. The time to next shoot is imperceptible and the focusing and exposure adjustments speed is quite fast for general subjects while shooting inside a fast moving van. I could not do that with the Nikon D5100 or Canon SX50HS which do have better image resolutions.

I could not resist however to ignore the lower "bargain" prices for most of the fujifilm X mirrorless camera system. The Fujifilm X-T10 can be had for about 5000 pesos less with a standard 18-55mm kit 1:2.8 f-stop, 58mm diameter lens. There is a cheaper alternative 16-50 mm lens with plastic construction with slower 1:3.5f-stop,but I opted for the 18-55version not only for the faster speed but for the stronger metal construction. I was surprised by the bright finder and screen when shooting during the evening.

I still need to study the camera controls and I will start writing articles for this camera real soon! The nice thing is that I can use the NP-W126 [8.4V 1280 mAh, 7.2V 1200mAh] lithium batteries, the lens cap(the one from HS50EXR has convenient string to attach to the camera!) and the UV filter(for front element of the lens) from the HS50EXR camera on the X-T10. I am thinking of complementing the camera with another lens, perhaps a fixed focal length wide angle prime lens. Unfortunately the price of lenses can be higher than the price of the camera itself!


No comments:

Post a Comment